Vivark Privacy Statement
This sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is First Ark Group of Lakeview, Kings Business Park, Prescot, Merseyside, L34 1PJ.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information you provide to us at the time of registering on our website where registration is required, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our website.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
The Data Protection Act
We will process all the personal data we collect from you in line with the eight principles of the Data Protection Act not only because we have a legal duty to but because we think it makes good business practice and helps us know our customers better and protect their information more securely.
In order to do this, we follow the 8 Principles of the Data Protection Act which states the data we process must be:
- fairly and lawfully processed
- processed for limited purposes
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- accurate and up to date
- not kept for longer than necessary
- processed in line with your rights
- kept secure regardless of whether it’s an electronic or physical file
- not transferred to other countries outside of the EEU without adequate protection
Access Your Information
As a registered Data Controller we are also obliged to provide you the information we hold about you if you ask us, including anything from electronic files to photographs and call recordings. This is called a ‘Subject Access Request’, and you will be required to put your request to us in writing and pay an administration fee of £10.00. Once we’ve received your written request and payment we will respond to you in writing with all of the information we hold about you within 40 calendar days.
Please make us aware if you have a disability which we need to consider when responding to your request for information, such as the need for us to provide your details in large print format. If your disability prevents you submitting a written Subject Access Request, please contact our Customer Service Team on 0151 290 7000 who will be pleased to make alternative arrangements for you.
Sharing Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If First Ark Group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the First Ark Group , our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Getting in Touch
If you have any enquiries concerning Data Protection or your Privacy rights please email us in the first instance at email@example.com and someone will get back in touch with you as soon as possible.
How we use your information to carry out our marketing activities to keep you informed on of our services. This may include using your email and telephone numbers.
We will use this type of marketing in a manner which is compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998 and Privacy Electronic Communications Regulations and we will check the Mailing Preference and Telephone Preference service before we carryout marketing services.
This may include sending you our company newsletter which will have information about our company’s news, services and other partners who we work with to offer a service. Using your contact details to provide you a direct way to be contacted and share information with you about the services we can deliver to you. This activity is called an automatic opt-in, you may opt-out at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0800 561 0007.
Our marketing activity can also help you receive important promotional/marketing messages, which may interest or may help you.
Operational SMS/text messaging and calls
If you supply us with your telephone contact details, we may use them to call or send you operational text messages.
Examples of operational text messages include:
- Confirming an appointment
Promotional and marketing SMS/text messaging and calls
Our promotional or marketing SMS/text messages can benefit you by giving you information about our own services and those provided by approved third parties (such as companies or groups we work with).
Representative examples of the promotional or marketing text messages which we may send you include:
- Promoting services that may interest you and your company
When you supply your telephone contact details, you can ask us to either send or not send promotional and marketing SMS/text messages. You can opt-out of receiving these types of SMS/text messages by responding to messages with: OPT OUT, or by e-mailing email@example.com.
Sharing your contact details with third parties
We may pass your contact details to third parties so that we can meet our contractual obligations with you. We may also share your contact details if we are required to by law. In doing so we will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We may supply your details to our approved marketing or third party contractors who are delivering or performing services on our behalf, and these companies must not use your information for any other purpose. We never share or sell your telephone numbers or other contact details to telesales/marketing companies.